We Can Help With Your CIS Tax Return
Norton Bridges & Co. Limited are London based Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) accountants who offer specialised tax services to those who work in the construction industry under the CIS tax scheme. Established for over 17 years, we have successfully assisted 1,000s of clients in obtaining tax refunds from HMRC.
CIS Tax Return
When you’re registered with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), you’re still responsible for paying the correct tax and National Insurance for your business, even if deductions have been made by contractors throughout the year.
We can help you to prepare your CIS Tax Return on your behalf. The advantage of working with Norton Bridges is that we work for a fixed fee.
What You Need
In order for us to prepare your CIS Tax Return for the any tax year, we need to have details of your work engagements between 6th April and the 5th April for that tax
- Copies of any correspondence received from HM Revenue & Customs.
- A note of the date you commenced self-employment and whether you have completed a Tax Return in the past.
- Details of your income whether self-employed / umbrella or employed (P60 / P11d / P45, payslips, sales invoices, Monthly CIS Deduction Statements, remittance advice etc).
- If possible, copies of your bank statements for the year(s) in question in order to cross reference your income details and obtain any expenses.
- Details of any expenditure incurred from your self-employment (motor expenses i.e. petrol, parking, insurance, repairs, road tax etc, travel expenses (train/bus etc), telephone (inc. mobile), equipment/consumables, materials/tools/hire, protective clothing, public liability insurance, training costs etc). If you have not kept the invoices/receipts in respect of these, please just make a note of the costs incurred and we will provide you with an estimated expenses form.
- Details of any benefits received in the form a P45 or P60 from the Job Centre or a letter from them confirming your taxable benefits received in the year.
Fixed Fee Acountant
Unlike other companies, here at Norton Bridges, our fees are fixed on all Self Assessment Returns. (Discounts are offered for multiple Self Assessment Returns and where self employment has been for just a brief period). This fee is fixed and not a percentage of the refund that you may get back. You do not pay us until you receive your tax refund, where applicable.